Good Girls Go Bad
It was late. Very late. A party, almost ended, was resurrected by circles of fire and flesh in one of the sexiest performances I have ever had the pleasure to witness. I reached into my CD case for the sexiest, dirtiest beats I could find...and what I found was dubstep.
Dubstep? Really, you ask? Yes, dubstep. I have slowly evolved from a dubstep hater into a dubstep explorer over the past year. There is a growing sliver of dubstep that is not angry "I hate my parents" noise but is dirty, sexy and primal. I have peppered my mixes with a dub track or two but my first live dubstep-focused set, on this foggy June sunrise, was truly an awakening experience.
What I love about this sliver of dubstep is its ability to speak to the goddesses that make a dancefloor exceptional. The women around whom a party revolves and from whom it takes its shape. The female vocals, too commercial and poppy in any other style of music, are balanced by the raw, sensual WHOMP that makes good girls go bad.
I added chapters to this mix with corresponding photos so you can skip to tracks. The slideshow on the Podomatic player is worth watching.
(For my loyal fans, don't fear, I am not going to become dubstep focused DJ - just expanding my range of dirty, sexy, booty-shakin' beats.)
1) Pinball - Simian Mobile Disco
2) Amirah - Chasing Shadows
3) Warrior - J.O.B feat Anjulie (with MadV & 12th Planet)
4) Cracks (Flux Pavilion Remix) - The Freestylers
5) Teardrop (Knight Riderz Remix) - Massive Attack
6) Katy On A Mission - Katy B
7) Innocence (Original Mix) - Nero
8) In for the Kill (Skrillex Remix, DJ Dane Edit) - La Roux
9) Who's Your Daddy (Black Noise Remix) - Don Diablo
Add to Playlists